How Can I Make My Small Bathroom Seem Larger?
For Boston homeowners with bathrooms that are smaller than they would like, you’ve probably considered remodeling the space to make it appear larger. Not only will a larger bathroom look more deluxe, but they’re very appealing to potential buyers. Driscoll Contracting has put together a few tips on how you can make your bathroom look larger!
- When you have more than one bathroom mirror, you give off the impression of more space. To make the room appear wider, put a mirror on the longest wall. When you place bathroom mirrors directly across from each other, it gives a never-ending feel and look.
- If your smaller bathroom has large cabinets, it can give it a weighed down look. To prevent this, install a furniture-style vanity without drawers or cabinet doors. To make sure you have plenty of storage, choose a vanity that includes shelving below the sink. You can use baskets here to hold your cosmetics and toiletries.
- To make the room feel more open and larger, increase the amount of light with recessed lighting. This will also help to brighten up any dark nooks and crannies. If recessed lighting isn’t in your budget, try wall scones!
- Prevent the feeling of being overcrowded by installing a pedestal sink.
- To give the feel of more space, trade in your shower curtains for shower doors. Because you’ll be able to see straight through your doors, you’ll visually create more space. Shower doors not in your budget? Not a problem! Use a clear shower curtain instead of the doors.
- If you’re in need of additional storage, consider carving out a space for a recessed shelf in your wall. To add the effect of even more space, paint the inside of your shelves a darker shade of your bathroom walls.
If you live in Boston or surrounding areas and are interested in remodeling your bathroom, contact the experts at Driscoll Contracting! We are happy to go over any questions you may have regarding your upcoming project. Request a free estimate by calling us at 781-405-5584 or by filling out our online form!