How Long Does a Bathroom Remodel Typically Take?
As with any home remodeling project you want to know what to expect so you can prepare for the time that you aren’t able to use that space in your home. A bathroom, even a small bathroom, isn’t a small home remodeling project.
The type of renovation you are doing on your bathroom will determine the length of time, a smaller bathroom remodel can take as little as two weeks, but a complex job can last up to even six weeks. If you are doing a smaller scale remodel where you are just replacing flooring or fixtures then that will take less time than if you are changing the layout or stripping the bathroom down to the studs.
What does a timeline look like of a bathroom remodel?
- Get a proposal. This will include a contractor coming out and taking a look at the job where they will be able to get a better idea of the work that needs to be done. This typically takes about a week.
- Select materials for the bathroom remodel. This includes deciding on a design plan and what the project will look like in the end. This typically takes 1-4 weeks.
- All the materials are ordered and delivered. This takes anywhere from 3-6 weeks depending on shipping, and if some products are on backorder.
- The demolition starts and the old products and anything that isn’t needed any longer are removed. This takes about a week, for a larger bathroom with a complete overhaul it could take a little longer.
- Installation of the remodel – this includes any new materials, appliances, flooring, plumbing, and any electrical installation needed, as well as painting. This part of the remodel takes 2-3 weeks.
- Finishing touches and changes. This only takes about 1-2 weeks and if no changes are needed, it can even take less.
The time and duration can go faster or slower and it’s important to be prepared for that. If you and your contractor are in good communication then you should know exactly what to expect. When you are ready to start a bathroom remodel, contact Driscoll Contracting! We are happy to walk you through every step of the process and the job while we are working on it so you know what to expect. To get an estimate, you can call us at 781-405-5584 or contact us on our website.